Saturday, February 14, 2004

Shavua tov (and happy Valentine's Day, if that means anything to you). DH just left for the Biophysical Society conference. He'll be away until Wednesday. I haven't spent this much time alone since we were married. Here's hoping that I manage to wake up on time and feed myself properly without him. (Those who have lived with me know what a long shot that is.)

Speaking of food, I've been using frozen pie crusts lately. My general philosophy on pies is that it's what's inside that counts, but it does bother me a bit that I haven't yet succeeded in making a decent crust from scratch. It occurred to me that I might be able to use a food processor as a pastry cutter. The most difficult part for me, though, is rolling the dough. When I try to roll it between sheets of wax paper, the paper bunches up like crazy. Any suggestions, O experienced ones?

No comments: